Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lollipop Covers

I saw a few different lollipop covers on several blogs I frequent often, and decided I wanted to make some as well. The covers I saw involved ribbon to secure the lollipop. Since I didn't want to go to that length and extra steps needed to make it that way, I decided to add another flap and secure it with a glue dot instead. That way I could make a hundred of them without hurting my hands with the extra punching.



It took a little bit of figuring out for the measurements to have the cover equal on all sides. Here is what I came up with:

Cut card stock 8 1/8" x 2 1 /2"
score at 2 1/2", and 2 3/4" at each end
fold at score lines
cut 2 3/8" square of card stock
2 1/2" square of designer paper
cut a square of card stock to stamp image
a 1/4" square of card stock to mat image
You will need a big bite or hand held eyelet punch and hammer, to punch the hole for the stick to go thru. Center this in the middle of the 1/4" margin on the bottom.

Hope you like!
Have a blessed day.

No comments: