Saturday, January 10, 2009

Let your light shine

This is my first attempt at an inspiring card. I got this stamp from stampin up (thanks Sue for being a demonstator). I used outdoor denium ink on white card stock, a Martha Stewart border punch for the bottom of the white, and textured card stock for the dark blue. I think this may make a better book mark (using just the white), than it does a card. Oh well, that is my opinion.


Since I wasn't happy with the first one, I had to do it again. This time I made it a regular size card. I used moonstruck for the ink, white card stock for the base and for the stamped image. Then I put adhesive on the top of the image, put a used fabric softner sheet (brushed with sandpaper), smooth the sheet over the image to make sure it is glued down, then apply glitter and smooth that down.



Now it looks like I wanted. It really looks better in person. Like the lighthouse is in a fog ladden place.

Tell me what you think.

Anywhere you go, remember to let your light shine! Be blessed.

1 comment:

Patty said...

These cards are absolutely gorgeous! The one with the dryer sheet looks like the spray of the water has put a mist in the air. I want to make one of those sometime. I love nautical pictures! I have been saving my used dryer sheets just for such a card.