Friday, February 6, 2009

It's a BOY!

No, no, I'm not having a boy, really! But I know someone who is. LOL. This is a commissioned job and I am almost done!

But I have very sad news. So sad in fact, I felt the desire to fall to my knees and scream, no, no NO! What could this be? Not anything to do with the baby, at least the baby the cards are for. No, this is because I BROKE MY SEWING MACHINE this morning! My trusty friend, the one who has been with me for (gasp) 20 years now, is on her way to Ken, at Yardgoods Center in Waterville to be repaired, and cleaned. I hope Ken will take good care of MY baby while he has her. I also hope he can fix her up with a tune up and a cleaning.

But enough of my woes, here are some of the cards I have been working on. I am not saying any names here, because the soon to be grand mother wants this to be a surprise. Need I say more?

These cards are made with glittered papers from an old DCWV paper stack, the greetings were printed off my computer, and the adorable garaffe from CTMH's stamp set called Nursery Bash.

I stamped the garaffe's onto creme brulee (again CTMH), colored them with the CTMH makers black and autumn terracotta, cut them out and pop dotted them to the DP.

I sewed around the greetings, to make it look like a quilt block, and glued it to the DP as well.

So, tell me what you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too Funny
I love them
PS its not for my daughter :(

Patty said...

Oh! too funny! I pray your "baby" makes it through surgery. lol. The cards are adorable! What a great surprize!