Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Summertime

Today is the 5th of August. In exactly 20 more days, Destiny will enter the 3rd grade for the first time. The good ole school days. I remember them fondly! The excitement of THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. Why did we ever think the first day of school was the best? LOL. Getting new clothes, paper supplies, new pencils and notebooks too. That was the best part of going to school after having the summer off. Even back then I loved paper, of course, we didn't have the pretty papers like we do now. We decorated our own paper, and put them on our school books to display proudly our art work.

I wonder what Destiny will remember in the years to follow? What will be the most interesting and exciting things she will ponder later in her life about her school years?

And then there is Emily. Emily will be turning four in October, so she will have to wait another year before following her beloved sister riding on the big yellow bus to the big kid's school, down the road from daycare. Will she cry for a week like she did last year when she found she could not go with her sis? Time will tell.

And here I sit at my computer, wondering what these grandchildren of mine will remember about this time in their lives. LOL. I hope they will have many happy memories of all of the excitement, like I did when I was their age.

The time is getting away from me this morning. I do have to pry my hands away from the keyboard and get ready for my day. I hope you all have a blessed day.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Oh yes, the goodole days of our youth. I remember that excitement too Dear Sister. And I must say, I was thinking about that just a few days ago. I thought about my grandkids and what they must be thinking about the up coming weeks. I think Ophelia is excited but River "hates" school. lol