Sunday, October 19, 2008

New Christmas card

I worked on this card for hours and hours. Probably would have been easier and less time involved if I had had some sleep last night. Emily had an asthma attack that lasted until the wee hours this morning. The wreath idea with the Martha Stewart punch came from Kathi Carlson, and the door came from another person out there in the blogosphere, sorry I do not remember your name. I want to thank the both of you. Here is my contribution to those concepts.

The inside is finished as well, with CTMH BT (retired) papers in Topiary and finished with the same Topiary CS branches. The greeting is from CTMH stamp set D1179 Festive Thoughts. If you want to see it closer, just click on the picture.

I used CTMH Tulip CS for the door panels, Topiary CS for the wreath and red beads for the berries on the wreath. Also used on the front is pop-dots and a regular sized brad for the door handle. See how the branches sweep out from the wreath?

Whew, lots of time and detail went into this one little card! You can be sure the recipient of this card, as well as any others I make will totally respect the time and love that went into it.

Once again, I want to thank you for comming to my little world, and may God bless.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Wow! Kathy, I love this card. I bought the punch and will be trying to make this card too. Thanks for the idea.