Saturday, December 27, 2008

I survived Christmas

I survived Christmas, barely! LOL. It seems I can operate on little to NO sleep for days! Which for me this time, seems to be a matter of a couple of weeks total. Whew! Now the hub-bub of the season is over, I can take a few minutes to sit back and enjoy my cup of Gingerbread flavored coffee. Yummy!

Now yesterday I was working on a different kind of card I saw on another gal's blog, Michelle Giraud. Her accordion card is similar, but mine I did a few things differently. Thanks Michelle! If I knew how to insert her blog addy here I would do it, but am computer illiterate (well almost).

Here is the inside: I took a plain piece of card stock cut it to 5 1/4 inches by 12 inches, scored the paper at 2 inches, 5 inches and 8 inches. The backing piece is 5 1/2 inches by 4 1/4 inches.

I folded on the scored lines to get this fold. I measured DP paper to 1/4 inch smaller than the space I wanted to decorate. I then added my greeting and the pop-dotted flower corners. I cut around 12 inches for the ribbon, glued it to the back of the card, then glued down the card and the ribbon.



Here is the card closed. I had the ribbon wrap all the way around the card so I could have this tied neatly in the front. So tell me what you think. Any and all comments are welcome. If you have trouble seeing my photos, click onto them and you will get a larger view.



Of course what I haven't told you is how LONG it took me to FINISH this card! I started it yesterday morning and didn't finish it until the AFTERNOON! I was looking for CTMH stamp set Any Occasions, and couldn't find it. I searched high and low (yes I DO need to do a through cleaning around here), and 2 hours later, still couldn't find it. So I used the one I could find, Gracious Greetings. I actually think I like this better!

No matter what you may be doing this day and the days to follow, may you do it with all of your heart, body and soul. Be blessed.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Wow! Kat, that is a beautiful card. Love the paper too. by the way what does DP mean? Love your card!

Anonymous said...

Well, Kathy, Can we make it??? This card is awesome and I love it. It is a wonderful card for a special person! Love the colors.