Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Destiny turns 10!

It is hard to believe that Destiny is now 10! Wow WHERE has the time gone? It seems like yesterday I brought her home. She was so little then, and such a cutie. I had wondered all those years ago if I had done the right thing when she sat on the floor and cried. Little did I know she would soon blossom into the beautiful young lady she is today.

I look at her and realize how blessed I am. What a kind and loving heart she has. If more people were like her, the world would be a much better place for all of mankind. I find I learn from her too. Her, with her innocence wrapped around her like a cloak. Trusting in her instincts when she sees a child that has withdrawn from others, she walks over with a smile on her face, and says "Hi I'm Destiny. Would you like someone to play with?"

When her sister Emily came to live with us almost four years ago, Destiny was right there helping us. Destiny saw Emily was withdrawn and indifferent to us, she was the warm and loving Big sister. Destiny tried to get Emily involved in playing with toys, with walking and talking. Soon Emily came out of her shell, and now adores her sister. You can see the adoration for Destiny Emily has in some of the pictures I have taken. Emily is smiling brightly looking adoringly at her sister.

I hope Destiny will continue to bless others as she has our family. My wish for you, dear daughter, is to have a happy and peaceful life. May you spread joy where ever you go.

Love,
Mom

No comments: